13 April 2006

Updates

If you've noticed that I'm not posting as much recently as in the past, you're right. My explanation (not excuse) is that I've been remarkably busy recently ... this semester ... the whole year! This is my second year as a full-time teacher, and as overwhelming as last year was, I expected it. And this year I expected it to get better, but it didn't - I had only two out of ten of the same classes as last year (one of five each semester).

The purpose of this site for me is to have thought-provoking discussion of science topics, and insightful explanations of topics readers may not know about, so I'd rather have fewer posts than crappy ones - also why I've never set myself any update schedule. I update when I'm inspired enough to write something worth posting. I have around a third as many uncompleted drafts as ones that've actually gone up. I'm going to try and work on some of those to get something worthwhile up - better late than never or crappy. You can probably expect my updates to go up when school lets out, mid-May.

Sometime soon I'll probably give a summary of the fun science stuff I'm doing this summer. But if you just can't get enough of the zandperl fix, you could always go a-huntin' for my LJ - it won't be hard to find. It's a personal blog rather than science stuff though, so if you like this one you may not find it interesting. And don't worry, I lock anything I don't want people I don't know FTF to know about, including personally identifiable information. Maybe someday I'll come out with that info here, but not till I've got tenure! *grin*

No comments: